Bad UTF-8 error when converting line endings on row(s) 0

New home Forums Pro Add-on Troubleshooting Bad UTF-8 error when converting line endings on row(s) 0

• This topic has 15 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 months ago by Matthew.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    poolec
    This reply has been marked as private.
    poolec
    Matthew
    Matthew

Hi Chris,

Thank you so much for your time and your patience on this.

I have viewed the PHP error logs and found that a missing Categories table was the cause of the issue.

I have resolved the issue on my side by deactivating and reactivating the plugin to check if any tables are missing, and if so, create them.

Could I kindly ask you to confirm on your end if the issue has been resolved?

I look forward to hearing back from you!

Kind Regards,
    Matthew

poolec

Hi Matthew,

That seems to work except that I had 9 catergories, 3 that were specific to the map I had chosen to export and the other 6 applicable to All maps. I would have expected the export to include the categories marked as All in addition to the specific map as they affect the way the data for that map is displayed as well as other maps.

It good that you worked out why the problem occurred, but do you know why the table was missing and how to stop the problem in future?

All the best,

Chris

Matthew

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your response, it is much appreciated.

I am sorry to hear that and my sincerest apologies for that inconvenience. If you would like, you may try to import the categories only from your file by only enabling the categories option and see if that may help?

Regarding the missing table issue, this was caused due to an unknown issue when the plugin was first activated, however we shall look into this further to prevent it from occurring in the future.

I hope this answers your questions?

If you require any further assistance, I am more than happy to help.

Kind Regards,
    Matthew

poolec
    Matthew

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your continued time on this.

Unfortunately the categories that don’t have their assigned maps included in the import file will not be imported. This is done to try reduce the amount of unused categories that are stored.

In the near future, we will be rebuilding the importer module to change/update certain aspects of the importing process.

I hope this answers your question?

Thank you once again for your time, it is much appreciated.

If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to ask.

Kind Regards,
    Matthew

poolec

Hi Matthew,

That’s really not very good at all, especially as the categories aren’t unused. It means I can’t import the data that we have accumulated over the last 3 years using WP Google Maps without a lot of manual tweaking of information and manually recreating categories. If the option to say a category applies to All maps is there, then the categories should be exported and imported as it is integral to the data. Saying you can export and import map data, but not mentioning that it’s only some of it is very poor and very very disappointing.

Chris

Matthew

Hi Chris,

My sincerest apologies for that, I believe there was a misunderstanding on my side.

When exporting the categories that have been assigned to ‘All Maps’, their map_id is set to ‘0’ meaning all.

So there is a possibility that their might have been an unknown issue with the exporting of the categories caused by the missing categories table.

Please could I kindly ask you to share an exported JSON file of all your maps, map data and categories from your old site, as this will allow me to view the file and see what is being omitted during the export?

I look forward to hearing back from you and resolving this issue.

My sincerest apologies once again.

Kind Regards,
    Matthew

poolec
    poolec
    Matthew

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your continued time on this, and my apologies for the back and forth.

Thank you for the file provided, we have unfortunately not been unable to recreate the issue on our side.

If possible, please could I kindly ask you to submit a support ticket (https://www.wpgmaps.com/contact-us/) with the WP Admin credentials for your old site, as this will help us debug this issue further? Please could you also mention my name in the ticket as it will help with the assignment of the ticket?

I look forward to hearing back from you!

Kind Regards,
    Matthew

poolec

Hi Matthew,

I’m afraid I can’t do that as the live site has member information in it which is restricted.

I’ve edited the JSON file to add the missing All categories into it to fix the problem so that I can move on with the rest of the transition project.

Thanks for your help, hopefully if I totally remove Maps and reinstall it during the move to our new Multisite new look version of our site it will all work fine – I have my fingers crossed.

All the best,

Chris

Matthew

Hi Chris,

Thank you for getting back to me.

Not a problem at all, my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience experienced.

If you require any further assistance or experience any other issues, please do let us know as we will be more than happy to help.

Thank you once again for your time.

Have a great day!

Kind Regards,
    Matthew

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.