Auto Populate Geocode

New home Forums Pro Add-on Auto Populate Geocode

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    srp2752

Hi. I have an excel file/csv file with company names and addresses. I understand that I need to also have the geocodes so that the markers are imported properly. Is there a way or service you may know of that would autopopulate the geocodes automatically into the excel sheet? instead of me doing it manually one by one which is time consuming considering I have a really long list. Thanks!

SupportTeam

Hi there,

Thank you for getting in touch with us.

If you have just the addresses, then you can upload the file to your site on the Maps->Advanced->Upload Markers CSV tab. You will need to have a Google Geocoding API key in the Advanced page to upload the marker this way.

Then after they are uploaded, you can then download the CSV file and then you will have all the markers Geocoded. You can then add all the relevant information after this onto that Marker CSV file.

Unfortunately all sites that we used for batch geocoding are no longer free so you have to pay for them.

Please note that you are only able to Geocode about 2500 markers a day with the Free Google Geocoding API key.

For information on how to make a Google API key, please consult this doc – http://www.wpgmaps.com/documentation/creating-a-google-maps-api-key and when it talks about creating the JavaScript API key, please replace JavaScript with Geocoding and then continue the instructions from there to create and enable only the Geocoding API key (you do not have to worry about the other APIs – Directions etc when making the Geocoding API key).

Please can you let me know if you require anything else and I will be happy to help you.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.