Are the Gutemberg and Beaver Builder plugins compatible with your map blocks?

New home Forums Pro Add-on Pre-sale questions Are the Gutemberg and Beaver Builder plugins compatible with your map blocks?

• This topic has 7 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 months ago by antonio5.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    antonio5
    Participant

Hi WPG, I am thinking about buying your WPG Map but I have a question:

In this link you say “We’ve added 6 new Gutenberg blocks to WP Go Maps!”, here:

Pro Add-on

My question is this one:

I use Beaver Builder to make and edit websites.

So, if you say your blocks need the Gutenberg plugin, can I include the map in a website where I use the Beaver Builder, or I could only included in a website without the Beaver Builder but which has the Gutemberg plugin installed?

In other words, are the Gutemberg plugin and the Beaver Builder compatible with your map blocks?

Or in order to edit the map, I could only use the Gutemberg plugin but not the Beaver Builder plugin?

Thanks

Steven

Hi @antonio5,

Thank you so much for getting in touch.

WP Go Maps does not directly integrate with Beaver builder, however, you should also be able to use standard shortcodes so simply by adding the shortcode to say a text block of Beaver builder should also function and should load that specific element.

I hope this helps clarify?

antonio5
    Participant

Thanks for your answer.

I understand what you say but I have another question:

The different block maps that you have, do each one of them have a specific shortcode?

In that case, perhaps I could use the shortcode (of each map block) using the Beaver Builder and place the shortcode wherever I need it inside my website.

Would that be possible?

—————

If so, how do a get the shortcode of each map block?

Steven

Hi @antonio5,

That is correct, In the map editor via -> Settings -> Shortcodes -> There is a list of shortcodes here that can be applied for each of the Blocks that exist.

Kindly see gif below:
    – https://ibb.co/Nt1q6Ns

I hope this helps?

antonio5
    Participant

Thanks for your answer, and yes, it does help

One more question, please:

Every map block that we can apply using Gutemberg, could we also apply them with its corresponding shortcode using Beaver Builder?

What I mean is this:

Do “ALL” of the map blocks have their own specific shortcodes, or only “SOME” of them?

antonio5
    Participant

¿Does your plugin have GEOLOCALIZATION?

One more question:

I have seen another map plugin that has this option:

Any user can voluntarily activate (or deactivate) its own personal geolocalization, so that if he/she wants to, other users can see where that person is in the map in real time.

Does your plugin has that option?

—————

In case your plugin didn’t have this option, could you add it as an additional plugin?

Would that be possible?

Steven

Hi @antonio5,

Q. Do “ALL” of the map blocks have their own specific shortcodes, or only “SOME” of them?

– As mentioned, there is a shortcode for each of the Blocks that exist.

Q. Any user can voluntarily activate (or deactivate) its own personal geolocalization, so that if he/she wants to, other users can see where that person is in the map in real-time.

– WP Go Maps does support Geolocation(Getting the user’s location with their permission), but it does not have the capability to display this to other users. To do so, the user location will likely need to be stored in order to present this to other users. Unfortunately, this is not something we would be able to incorporate as this treads into major privacy issues, as typically a website is not allowed to share the location of their users and so would require much more in-depth planning development for a separate plugin.

I hope this helps clarify?

antonio5
    Participant

Hi Steven, thanks a lot for your answer, and yes, it does help us and it makes sense

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.