API Key and Visitor Generated Markers

New home Forums Pro Add-on Pre-sale questions API Key and Visitor Generated Markers

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  iturtle 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

iturtle

hi there,
    i would like to use wpgmaps for a small project where visitors of my website can set their own markers like on your demo page.
    i need to understand the costs for running wpgmaps. so:
    is this possible with the openlayers map version?
    if not:
    i seem to need an api key to use your plugin at all?
    if so:
    the cloud version costs 18$/month minimum and the developer version directly from google also is not free? how much would that one cost?
    and then i also need to buy the pro version of the plugin for 99$. right?
    so i have a one time payment of 99$ and a regular payment of 18$/month or some amount to google. right?
    thanks for your help! best wishes, kai

Perry

Hi there

Thank you for getting in touch!

Yes, our Visitor Generated Markers add-on is compatible with the OpenLayers engine.

Many of the tile servers supported by our plugin do not require an API key.

Our Cloud API key includes the Pro add-on and a license for 1 site.

The Developer package doesn’t come from Google themselves – that is our plugin download. This includes a 10 site license, and the Gold and Visitor Generated Markers add-ons. You would, however, need to get your own API key through Google. This does involve setting up billing, however it takes a considerable amount of traffic to exceed their free $200.00 / month worth of requests. You can read more about that here https://cloud.google.com/maps-platform/pricing/ – they have a billing calculator you can use to estimate running costs.

Alternatively, you could purchase the Developer bundle and use our Cloud API key, in which case, yes, you would need to pay $99.99 for the Developer Bundle and then $18.00 per month to use the Cloud API key.

I hope that helps?

Kind regards
    – Perry

iturtle

hi perry
    thanks for your fast and detailed reply!
    as a start i would like using your plugin with the Visitor Generated Markers add-on and the OpenLayers engine.
    for this i only have to buy the developer bundle for 99.99. correct?
    is there a refund possibility if things dont work out with my installation?
    i use beaver builder by the way and saw already a plugin conflict (php error in ajax – see screenshot) but after that the map seemed to laod normally. but i could not test any further than that sind i am escpecially interested in the visitor generated markers functionality.
    thanks again! best wishes, kai

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Perry

Hi Kai

There are a number of options,

You could get the developer bundle which includes everything and a 10 site license,

Or if you don’t need the Gold add-on and 10 site licenses, you could simply purchase the Pro add-on (3 site license) and Visitor Generated Markers add-on, this would work out slightly cheaper as a lump sum.

Alternatively you could get the Cloud API key, which includes Pro (1 site license), and then purchase the Visitor Generated Markers add-on separately.

If you do experience any issues then we are on hand to help. We can usually solve most issues within a matter of minutes.

Please see our refund policy set out at http://wpgmaps.com/terms-conditions

Does that help?

Kind regards
    – Perry

iturtle

hi perry,
    thanks again!
    i am a litte confused now.
    is there any option for what i want which does not include subscription plans? i would prefer a one time fee like 99.99 and use the openlayers to avoid costs for the api-key. also it would be good if google is not getting too much data (DSGVO, Data Privacy Policy).
    so could i buy the pro add-on and buy the visitor generated marker add-on on top of that? how much would that be?
    and any idea what the error in the screenshot means?
    thanks again for your help! kai

iturtle

now i found this page: https://www.wpgmaps.com/visitor-generated-markers-add-on/
    this i would have to buy every year right? no one time fee?
    thanks! kai

Perry

Hi Kai

> is there any option for what i want which does not include subscription plans? i would prefer a one time fee like 99.99 and use the openlayers to avoid costs for the api-key. also it would be good if google is not getting too much data (DSGVO, Data Privacy Policy).

Yes, the Pro add-on (3 site license), Developer Bundle and Visitor Generated Marker add-on are all one off fees.

The only ongoing charges are for our Cloud API Key (for the Google engine – which includes a 1 site license for life) and for Google’s native API keys.

If you intend to use OpenLayers, there are no ongoing charges.

> so could i buy the pro add-on and buy the visitor generated marker add-on on top of that? how much would that be?

Our prices are as follows

$39.99 once off – Pro Add-on with 3 site license
    $9.99 once off – Visitor Generated Markers add-on

$99.99 once off – Developer Bundle with 10 site license (includes Visitor Generated Markers and Gold add-ons)
    $199.99 once off – The same as the Developer Bundle with unlimited site license, includes all add-ons

You won’t need to make ongoing payments if you don’t want to use the Google Maps API.

> and any idea what the error in the screenshot means?

We would need to see the contents of your JavaScript console and possibly the network response (or your debug log) if this concerns AJAX calls in order to advise. If you are able to share access to the site with us, and give us steps to reproduce the issue, we can issue an immediate fix, assuming this relates to our plugin.

Kind regards
    – Perry

iturtle

dear perry,
    thanks a million for your fast response! 🙂
    one more question then i will be even more happy:
    you write:
    Yes, the Pro add-on (3 site license), Developer Bundle and Visitor Generated Marker add-on are all one off fees.
    but for updates after one year i have to buy both again. or only the visitor generated marker add-on?
    thanks again! regards, kai

Perry

Hi Kai

With the Pro and Developer packages, you get access to updates for *the current major version* for lifetime.

That is to say, lifetime access to version 7 updates.

We are about to release Version 8 – anyone who purchases Version 7 within 6 months of the Version 8 release (which should be next week) will receive a free upgrade, so you don’t need to worry about missing out on Version 8 if you wanted to purchase today.

The Lifetime Bundle includes free upgrades to all major versions for life.

Regarding the Visitor Generated Markers add-on, we’re not planning on any new major releases for that add-on at present, just for your information.

I hope that helps?

Kind regards
    – Perry

iturtle

hi perry,
    perfect 👌
    thanks again for your great support and have a great day!
    kai

Perry

Hi Kai

You’re most welcome!

If you need anything else please don’t hesitate to get in touch.

Kind regards
    – Perry

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.