Always the same story

New home Forums Pro Add-on Always the same story

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Dylan 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

mrzpro

At any update I loose all my maps and receive the same error:

Error: In order for WP Google Maps to work, jQuery must be installed. A check was done and jQuery was not present. Please see the jQuery troubleshooting section of our site for more information.

I followed the link:

I’m Getting a “jQuery not found” Error

but I can’ t use it because I use a child theme and duplicate header.php is not permitted…

In which way can I fix this problem considering that if I change main header.php I loose it at any theme update?

Dylan

Hi there,

Thank you for getting in touch, we do appreciate your time.

I had a look at the issue and it appears that you are deferring all JavaScript files on your website. This includes deferred loading of jQuery, which results in the core functionality of our plugin (and other plugins on your website) not being able to make use of jQuery when the page is being constructed.

Could I ask you to confirm what performance plugins/services you are using to defer the JavaScript files on your website? You will need to load jQuery normally to restore functionality to your website as this is not currently supported.

As mentioned, this is also affecting other features of your website and is not isolated to WP Google Maps.

Kind Regards,
    Dylan Auty

mrzpro

Hi Dylan, I tried but nothing works in the right way. I cleared cache but nothing happens furthermore I have a file named functions-deferred.php I deleted it but, also here, nothing changes.

I continue to have maps not visualized

Kind regards,
    Maurizio

mrzpro

The problem is inside plugin maps that say that no preview is available – save and reload to see changes…

there is no saving possibility

Dylan

Hi there,

Thank you for your continued time on this issue.

Please confirm a link to the site where the ‘defer’ attribute was removed so that I can debug further? I have taken a look at some of the site links we have on record for your account and it appears the ‘defer’ attribute is still present.

I am eager to get to the bottom of this as soon as possible.

mrzpro

Hi Dylan,
    the link is always :

Home

thank you so much

mrzpro
    This reply has been marked as private.

mrzpro

Hi Dylan, investigating I found problem coming from async javascript plugin. This one consider exclusion from async/deferring a plugin but also including it in the list the result is the same …

Dylan
    This reply has been marked as private.

mrzpro

Hi Dylan, proceed as you see fit

Dylan

Hi again,

Thank you for getting back to me.

I believe this is now resolved. I needed to add the following to the excluded script list:
    jquery-1.11.3.min.js

This is due to the fact that you are loading a custom version of jQuery and the name differs from the default version loaded by WordPress core.

Please take a look and confirm?

mrzpro

Hi Dylan,
    it works, thank you so much…

Hoping it remains valid for future updatings

Dylan

Hi there,

Only a pleasure, happy to help.

This should not be undone by future updates as the exclusion list is a part of the Async JavaScript plugin and not WP Google Maps.

Have a great day further.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.