All the markers are missing on all our maps

New home Forums Pro Add-on Troubleshooting All the markers are missing on all our maps

• This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 months ago by Steven.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Tor

Hi,

We use the WP Google Maps plugin with Pro extension on a number of client sites. I just discovered that all of the markers are missing, across all web sites. When I open the maps in backend, there are no markers there whatsoever. We are using latest versions of WP, plugins etc.

Can you please help!?

Regards,
    Tor

Steven

Hi Tor,

Thank you so much for getting in touch, we really appreciate your time.

Could I kindly ask you to confirm the current version numbers installed of WP Google Maps and WP Google Maps Pro on some of these websites?

Additionally, on one of the site’s, could I kindly ask you to open your JavaScript Console(Chrome: F12 -> Click Console) and please navigate to the backend of one of your maps.

Please record any errors seen in the console here with a screenshot?

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Kindest Regards,
    Steven De Beer

Tor

Hi Steven,

Thanks for your reply.

WP Google Maps 8.0.26
    WP Gogole Maps Pro 8.0.34

Screenshot is attached!

Thanks,
    Tor

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Steven

Hi Tor,

Thank you so much for getting back to me.

Unfortunately, I cannot quite zoom into the image enough to see the exact error occurring so if I could possibly ask you, in a private response if you would be open to providing us with temporary admin details to one site so that I may take a closer look at the site set up in order to determine why no markers are displaying?

We usually store all markers in your website’s database and even deleting the plugins should not be able to remove these markers unless manually going in and deleting these markers or maps.

This leads me to believe that quite possibly something is interfering with the request to load the markers directly from the database such as perhaps a new security plugin or a new feature implemented by the web host.

Being able to take a closer look, however, would help me to determine what has occurred.

Kindest Regards,
    Steven De Beer

Tor

Hi

I sent a private reply with login details, but it doesn’t seem to appear here. When I try to re-post it I get a message saying that it appears I already sent it.

Let me know if you got it or not.

Thanks,
    Tor

Steven

Hi Tor,

Not a problem at all, we do seem to have received this at our end.

I have taken a closer look at your site, however, I also took a look at your website’s database, and unfortunately was not able to locate any marker data.

In your database, WP Google maps stores any marker data to the _wpgmza table which in this case was entirely empty.

Could I kindly ask if you have recently migrated to a different database or if your host has done anything at their end that might have removed any of this data?

Unfortunately, with the data not currently present in your database, WP Google Maps cannot load any data so you might have to perhaps request a backup of your database from your host which we should be able to get export the data from if this helps?

Kindest Regards
    Steven De Beer

Tor

Hello,

Thanks for pointing that out and providing valuable clues here. Actually, our host recently moved all of our sites to a new server and this seems to have wiped the _wpgmza tables on all web sites for some reason. Thankfully we had backups and were able to recreate the specific tables needed, so the issue is now sorted.

Thanks again for your help!

Regards,
    Tor

Steven

Hi Tor,

I am glad to hear you managed to locate and restore your marker data and that this issue is now sorted.

Please do let me know if you have any other questions or issues as I am always eager to assist. 🙂

If you ever have two minutes spare, please consider reviewing the plugin on https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/wp-google-maps/reviews/#new-post it would mean the world to me! (If possible, could I ask you to mention both your name and mine in the review for administrative purposes, this would be a tremendous help!)

Kindest Regards,
    Steven De Beer

Tor

Absolutely. I’ve just posted my first review 😀

Steven

Hi Tor,

Thank you for the kind words, this really made my day. 🙂

Do have a fantastic weekend ahead, and do let me know if there is anything more I can assist with.

Kindest Regards,
    Steven De Beer

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.