Adding form fields + Validation

New home Forums Visitor Generated Markers General queries Adding form fields + Validation

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  rengland77 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

rengland77

Question…… is the “add a marker” form supposed to validate? Right now I can zoom through it without adding a marker or clicking the human box.

Along with that… is there a way to add other form fields? I’m having the fun of planning for GDPR this weekend, and would love to move that accept button into the form, convert it to a required checkbox and figure out how to validate it with the rest of the form. And the client wants a field for their name.

Any assistance appreciated! JQuery and I like to fight 😀

https://www.ourlakecounty.org/map/

rengland77

Actually, lets make this even more complicated….. Anyway to replace the form with a registration form, that would still allow adding the marker?? Its for GDPR purposes (linking the confirmation button to usernames).
    Sorry if I’m being a pain 🙂

rengland77

Okay, forget registration 🙂
    But knowing if I can add a few fields would still be helpful!

SupportTeam

Hi there,

Thank you for getting in touch with us and I apologize sincerely for the delay caused in getting back to you. Our system took your second response as a pending message and was hidden from view from us. I sincerely apologize for this inconvenience.

I can see from our ticket system that you have an ongoing ticket with Perry. Do you still require assistance in this forum or have you broached it with him in the ticket?

From what I know, the VGM at this time cannot be altered in the manner you are requesting without changing the plugin code substantially. However, if you have already asked Perry, then you will have to take his answer a she is the developer in charge of Maps.

Thank you for your time in this matter and again, I apologize that we missed this forum ticket for so long.

rengland77

Thanks for the response! Yea, Perry is helping me. Keeping it simple, and trying to get the “are you human” checkbox working for me. The time difference is just making it a slow process. 🙂

SupportTeam

Hi again,

Thank you for getting back to me on this and I apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Well with Perry helping you, you will likely get that working on your site without issue, yes, the time difference is a problem sometimes and I apologize for this.

I hope you have a great day further and I wish you the very best with your ongoing ticket then.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.