Adding Custom Filter?

New home Forums Gold Add-on Adding Custom Filter?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    verdipro

I have been trying to add in a custom “grade” filter to a map, but have not had any success. Is there a help document somewhere that helps reference this?

I was hoping to have the grade filter to be a few checkboxes that can then show the schools that offer those grades. In addition to that, I wanted to add some extra information into the bubbles for each school, where right now it just list school name, address, and directions.

We have a lot of separate columns setup in a CSV file, but I have not had any success in getting that information to show up on the map. Any insight would be appreciated, thank you!

Steven

Hi there,

Thank you so much for getting in touch, we really appreciate your time.

You may want to look into using the custom fields filter which I have attached the documentation link below for:
    – https://www.wpgmaps.com/custom-fields/

Adding additional columns to the CSV file will not work as WP Google Maps only expects specific columns to be there in order to import the map data and additional data may cause the import to fail.

Using the custom fields, you should be able to then when creating a marker, add your “grade” to the newly created custom field.

I hope this helps?

Kindest Regards,
    Steven De Beer

verdipro

Thank you for this info. I am not 100% sure what I was doing incorrectly as I had all of this setup already, including 7 custom fields. But I must have been calling out to those fields wrong from within my CSV import.

The one question I do have is, whats the best way to separate the grade levels? For example there are close to 200 schools, but some are grades 9-12; others are grades K-6 or K-8, etc. So they vary based on their offerings. Is there a way to show individual checkboxes for K, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc, and then have those checkboxes show those schools that have grades?

If I created a custom field for each grade the checkboxes wouldn’t be all grouped together. So I am trying to figure out the best way to accomplish it.

Steven

Hi there,

Thank you so much for getting back to me.

I may have misunderstood, however, I will try my best to detail what I assume is meant?

With the custom fields, you could do something similar to our one demo as seen here:
    – https://www.wpgmaps.com/demo/openlayers-custom-fields-filtering-demo/

In the above, we create a “Take Away” custom field, and then in our markers for that custom field assign them a field such as Subway or Wendy’s which results in what is seen in the demo map attached above.

Alternatively, you could look into making use of the category system which allows for subcategories of main categories which I believe may be best suited for what you are trying to achieve?
    – https://www.wpgmaps.com/demo/marker-categories/

Using categories, you will be able to create a main category such as “For Sale” and have a subcategory called “House” with the parent of “For Sale”. You can then also create a new subcategory with the parent of “House” and each subcategory with the “House” parent, will be bundled together for example.

I hope this helps clarify a bit more?

Kindest Regards,
    Steven De Beer

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.