New home › Forums › Pro Add-on › Pre-sale questions › ACF, WPML
- This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 year, 6 months ago by thinkgroup.
October 5, 2020 at 9:18 pm #60984Frank82Participant
Hi I have a couple of pre-sale questions:
1. I would like to create a map of team members. Each team member is stored as a post and I would like to use a custom field to add their location. Is it then possible use the info from the custom field to mark the location of all members on the map?
2. I would also like to translate the data in the info window and marker listing, I intend to use WPML for this on the posts, will the plugin use the correct translated data for these sections?
Thanks!October 6, 2020 at 10:31 am #60992DylanModerator
Thank you for getting in touch, we do appreciate your time.
Please find my responses below:
1. Yes, we do support this using Advanced Custom Fields (ACF), which allows you to add a custom field type for locations and should allow you to attach locations to each member. Once this is complete, you can pull all ACF field data to one of your maps using our integration as documented here: https://www.wpgmaps.com/documentation-advanced-custom-fields-integration/
2. Unfortunately, it is not possible to dynamically translate the info-window content at this point in time. However, we will be looking into adding full support for this in the future. Our control labels are translatable via tools like WPML, however, dynamic/user-entered data cannot be fully translated at this stage.
I hope this helps?October 6, 2020 at 10:41 am #60994Frank82Participant
Thanks, what is your timeline for adding the translation support? Are there any workarounds?
This is a critical part of my site and without it I will most likely have to go with another mapping plugin.October 6, 2020 at 3:35 pm #60999DylanModerator
We do not have a current timeline on when the fully dynamic translations will be supported at this time, although it is something we are looking into.
With that said, when using ACF our plugin will pull its content from the Post Type and not from within our own tables.
This means it is possible that this may allow you to translate things like the
post titlein order to make use of a tool like WPML for translations.
Unfortunately, translating standard marker data is not currently supported. My apologies for any inconvenience caused.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.