8.0.6 incorrect file update

New home Forums Pro Add-on Installing and Updating 8.0.6 incorrect file update

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  KZeni 4 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I have 8.0.4 installed, and it is prompting to update to 8.0.6, but in fact it updates to 7.11.6.

If you click on the details before updating, you see this:

2019-10-19_0904

• This topic was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by  cotswoldphoto.

Perry

Hi there

Thank you for getting in touch.

Sorry for any confusion caused here, it appears there is an issue with our update server reporting an incorrect version.

7.11.61 is the latest version of Pro 7. 8.0.6 is the latest version of Pro 8, the two are separate products.

If you purchased Pro 7 within the last 6 months we can offer you a courtesy upgrade. If you would like us to check your eligibility, please can you open a ticket at http://wpgmaps.com/contact-us

I hope that helps?

Kind regards
    – Perry

KZeni

I also encountered it where I have automatic updates enabled on a site with Pro v8 to find that it automatically “updated” itself to Pro v7. Seems like that would’ve been caused by this same situation.

Looking at my plugin update history (again, with automatic updates enabled):

• October 17th => Updated plugin “WP Google Maps – Pro Add-on” to 8.0.5 from 8.0.4
    • October 21st => Updated plugin “WP Google Maps – Pro Add-on” to 7.11.61 from 8.0.5

I’ve now re-instated WPGM Pro v8 on the site. Hopefully, the update server issue has been resolved so it doesn’t revert back again. I did install Pro v8.0.0, and it successfully updated to Pro v8.0.10 (so it seems like this underlying issue is fixed, but it did have leftover effects on sites like mine.)

Perry

Hi KZeni

I can confirm the issue with our update server was resolved and that you can continue updating moving forward.

Is there anything else we can help you with?

Kind regards
    – Perry

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.