502 Error – Too long to complete

New home Forums Gold Add-on Troubleshooting 502 Error – Too long to complete

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    ahufford

I have seen a response to this question, but my issue appears to be different. I am trying to bulk import a CSV. I have remaining API calls on Geocoding API: 1,728 (have not reached 2500 for the day). I’m just trying to upload 100 records at a time (out of close to 800), but it’s still timing out. Host said they aren’t causing the error; file size is only 19 KB.

I suspect that the data provided by my client is inaccurate (such as wrong city name — using the closest major city name instead of the suburb that Google would assign the city name). The address field doesn’t always contain zip information either. Would this type of problem cause the timeout error? If so, I can instruct client to provide better data.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Perry

Hi there

Thank you for getting in touch, sorry to hear you are experiencing issues.

The issue here is that your site is hitting it’s PHP execution time limit.

You need to either ask your host to increase the PHP execution time limit, or alternatively, you need to break your file up into smaller chunks.

If you provide the full data we can geocode that for you, the import will complete much quicker with the coordinates already added, if that would help?

Kind regards
    – Perry

ahufford

My client is planning on uploading additional data on a quarterly basis, so while geocoding might help the first time, it won’t work for the future. I’ll ask the host about the execution time limit.

If I were to take you up on the geocoding, would I need to have full address data including street number or would street name, city name, state and zip be enough? It’s not important to have the marker on the exact spot of the house.

Perry

Hi there

Yes that’s fine provided the data isn’t prohibitively large (eg anything that would cause charges at our end).

If it is a very large import we can provide a tool for you to do that with your API key.

Please can you attach your CSV file?

If you need to send that confidentially then please open a ticket at http://wpgmaps.com/contact-us

Kind regards
    – Perry

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.