403 errors due to // in url

New home Forums Pro Add-on Installing and Updating 403 errors due to // in url

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Dylan

Only a pleasure, always happy to help! 🙂

The issue was indeed the // (Double forward slash). It appears this was due to the fact that the default directory had a forward slash present already. This is not something we see normally.

However I am looking into this further for future updates.

flux

Thanks for the fix, but after the new update a few minutes ago. I’m receiving the errors again.

Dylan

Hi again,

My apologies for the back and forth.

All fixed now, please have a look and confirm?

Thank you for your time. 🙂

flux

Hi

It works again, not getting any errors anymore at the backend.
    But now I’m receiving errors in the frontend (inspect element), screenshot attached.
    I guess some files haven’t been linked properly, but I could be wrong.

Can I ask how you solved the problems at the backend? If it is an easy fix, because we’re using the plugin on multiple sites, so we can fix this ourselves.

Thanks

flux

[quote quote=23606]Hi

It works again, not getting any errors anymore at the backend.
    But now I’m receiving errors in the frontend (inspect element), screenshot attached.
    I guess some files haven’t been linked properly, but I could be wrong.

Can I ask how you solved the problems at the backend? If it is an easy fix, because we’re using the plugin on multiple sites, so we can fix this ourselves.

Thanks

[/quote]

After installing the gold version I’m getting the same errors as before, but now for the gold version. Also I created a new map while it was working, but now the maps disappeared from the site.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Dylan

Hi there,

I just looked into this from the admin area and did not see any errors. Could I ask you to confirm if this is still and issue?

I also looked at the front end of your site and it appears to be working as intended.

My apologies for the back and forth, I would really like to get this sorted ASAP for you.

flux

Hi

Yeah sorry, I figured out how to fix this problem myself. But after every update I have to delete the extra ‘/’. And for some reason I can’t update to the latest gold version, normally the update gets pushed so I can update, but this doesn’t happen.

Is there a solution for fixing the bugs with the extra ‘/’. Because it’s a pain in the ass to do this every time I update the plugin.

Thanks

Dylan

Hi there,

So sorry for the inconvenience caused by this.

We would need to look into trimming the trailing ‘/’ off of the WPGMAPS_DIR constant.

If you would like, I can look into doing this for you? We can then also look into adding this fix into a future update.

flux

That would be nice, thanks.

Dylan

Our pleasure, thank you for your time 🙂

flux

Dear Dylan,

It’s been a while and unfortunately the double slash error is still not fixed. We use the pro/gold version on different sites and plan or want to be able to use it on our future sites but the double slash issue persists and makes the plugin unusable for us.

I would like to know if there is a fix coming for this issue.

Please let me know asap.

Kind regards,
    Dirk

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Dylan

Hi Dirk,

Thank you so much for your time on this one.

We have been testing the extensively on our end, however we have been unable to replicate this in our development environments.

We are not entirely sure how the additional / got there as it should not be present by WordPress standards.

As such we have not been able to include a fix for this as of yet as we have been unable to replicate it successfully.

flux

Hi Dylan,

Thank you for your quick reply.
    Is there anything I can help you with to replicate this?

flux

Is there a quick way for us to fix this so we can use this fix on all our websites?

flux

Sorry for the spam.
    I see in the basic plugin you have this:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all" href="<?php echo wpgmaps_get_plugin_url(); ?>css/data_table.css" />

In pro you have this:
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all" href="<?php echo wpgmaps_get_plugin_url(); ?>/css/data_table.css" />

Unless basic have problems with other users, I believe you can leave the slash in pro too. Also for JS and images. But, you may know way more them me in this. This is just a thought.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.