403 errors due to // in url

New home Forums Pro Add-on Installing and Updating 403 errors due to // in url

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    flux

Hi,

When using WP Google Maps (with and without PRO) we get 403 errors. This is one of the many 403’s:

/wp-content/plugins/wp-google-maps//images/theme_0.jpg 403 (Forbidden)

As you can see, the url contains a double /.

Because of this error we can’t save markers etc.

Besides these errors, we also get the notification: util.js:210 Google Maps API warning: RetiredVersion https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/error-messages#retired-version
    uE.j @ util.js:210
    –> Is this a problem? The retired version.

Could you give feedback on both issues?

Dylan

Hi there,

Our sincere apologies for the issues you are having.

Could I ask you to confirm what version numbers you are running (Both Basic & Pro) as this should not be the case as the retired version issues should not be present when using the latest versions?

However, you can alter the version of the API to load by clicking on Maps -> Settings -> And changing the option labelled ‘Use Google Maps API’ to use ‘3.exp’ instead.

With regards to the forbidden (403) issue, this would suggest that the plugin does not have access to all the files, could I ask you to confirm that you do have sufficient permissions setup on your server via FTP?

Thank you for your time. 🙂

flux

Hi Dylan,

The versions:
    – WP Google Maps: Version 6.4.00
    – WP Google Maps – Pro Add-on: Version 5.71

Regarding the 403:
    We have more than 60 websites running with multiple plugins and none has permissions problems. So I doubt if that’s the problem.

I don’t think it’s normal that there is a double // in the URL. Isn’t that the problem?
    /wp-content/plugins/wp-google-maps//images/theme_0.jpg

Thanks

Dylan

Hi there,

Thank you so much for getting back to me.

It appears your copy of the Pro version is slightly out-dated. Please use the following link to get the updated version instead: https://www.wpgmaps.com/get-updated-version/

Installing the update is as simply as uninstalling and deleting your current version of Pro and installing the new version instead. No map data will be lost as we do not remove any options in the process.

My apologies for overlooking the ‘//’ earlier. I checked our code and found that we do add the ‘//’ on our side. Please see our source attribute below:

src=\"".WPGMAPS_DIR."/images/theme_0.jpg\"

As such I believe this is most likely due to the WPGMAPS_DIR constant having an additional / present in the URL. This is not a common issue, and I have not seen it before.

Would you be open to making a minor code change to resolve this? I would be able to guide you through the process from my side?

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by Dylan. Reason: Link Missing
    flux

Yes,

Let me know which code to change.

But then you should also change it for your future releases so we don’t get problems when we update.

Keep in mind, we get a lot of 403’s with the double // so it should be a variable that is used for many files.

Thanks!

Dylan

Hi there,

Yes we will definitely look into an update ready solution.

Please open the wpGoogleMaps.php file (wp-content/plugins/wp-google-maps/) and find the following lone of code: (Line 305 Approx.)

define("WPGMAPS_DIR",plugin_dir_url(__FILE__));

And change it to the following instead:

define("WPGMAPS_DIR",rtrim(plugin_dir_url(__FILE__), "/");

This should trim the last ‘/’ from the directory constant.

Please let me know if you run into any issues with this?

flux

Hi,

Unfortunately that didn’t solve the problem.

We did notice that our Pro version is 5.71 and that on the website you already have version 6.

Could you provide us the latest version? That might already solve the issue.

Thanks

Dylan
    This reply has been marked as private.
    flux

Hi,

For some reason I can’t see your latest message. It says: ‘This reply has been marked as private’

Dylan

Hi there,

I’m so sorry about that, I marked the reply as private to ensure your download link is not publicly accessible.

Please find the response (without the download link below):

—-

I am so sorry to hear this did not resolve the issue.

Please find a download link below:

Updated Version (Link Removed)

Please try this version instead, by uninstalling and deleting your current Pro add-on and installing the new version instead.

Please let me know if this resolved the issue on your side?

—-

Could I ask that you send me a Private Reply with your email address so that I may mail this to your directly instead?

flux

Hi,

After your last message I saw that the previous message that I couldn’t read was now visible.
    So I was able to download the updated plugin.

But still, I receive errors in my console.
    Attached you’ll find a screenshot of the errors.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Dylan

Hi there,

So sorry for the back and forth on this one.

Would you be at all open to creating a temporary admin account for me so that I can look in to this further for you?

If so, please send the login credentials through as a Private Reply, or alternatively via our support desk.

I would really like to get to the bottom of this ASAP for you.

flux
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Dylan

Hi there,

Thank you so much for your time on this one.

I have logged in and resolved this issue. Please have a look and confirm?

🙂

flux

Thanks, It’s working fine.
    What was the issue, if I may ask?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.