For the purposes of this Policy, ‘personal information’ is regarded and relates to personally identifiable information of natural or juristic persons. Natural persons can be identified, whether directly or indirectly, by identification number or factors specific to his/her physical, mental, economical, social or cultural identity.
Notwithstanding the exceptions in terms of this Policy, Code Cabin and brand representatives will not sell, rent or loan any personal information to third parties.
Information provided by the User
Subject to this Policy, in the course of utilizing Our Product or by way of communications with Code Cabin and brand representatives, the following information can/will/may be collected and/or received:
– PayPal email address.
– Private information, including name and surname.
– Contact information, including email address and social profiles.
– Business information, including company profiles, social profiles, websites, company name and location.
– Account information, including the use of third party services.
– Data, including use and access to Our Product, data transferred using Our Product and information submitted in regards to the use of Our Product.
For completion of purchase the Users is required to submit information such as a name and email address for receipt of Our Product and create an account via which the purchase of said product is verified. By voluntarily providing us with Account information, the User submits that he is the owner of the information provided or are otherwise authorized to provide it to Code Cabin and brand representatives.
Such information is created, inputted, submitted, posted, transmitted, stored or displayed by the User.
Private Information is collected for the sole purpose of rendering service in relation to Our Product to the User. Such service includes marketing material of which email marketing and newsletters are included unless otherwise chosen not receive such material by the User (unsubscribe to all mail listing here). Marketing contents will include notifications of new releases, updates, versions, changes, upgrades and/or future prospects.
Especially applicable to this category but not excluding those mentioned above and below:
Code Cabin and brand representatives will share information of the User only in exceptional, limited circumstances as listed below:
- After the User has consented to such action.
- In terms of certain business-related functions, such as functions regarding the maintenance of our databases, processing of payments or otherwise providing necessary software, storage or networking facilities to so effectively operate and manage Our Product.
- If, in bona fide spirit and believably not contradictory to the boni mores (good moral) of business practice, it is reasonably necessary to:
- Satisfy law, regulation, legal provision or process or governmental request, assistance of investigation into the violations of this Policy, including fraud and theft and ultimately the protection of data and information of all Users.
Business and Account information
Code Cabin and brand representatives undertake to apply discretion and caution when disclosing information for statistical purposes, so as to guard against disclosing any information from which the User can be identified by any means whatsoever,
Employees, agents, officers and end-users within or outside of Code Cabin and brand representatives will be given access to information they need to know only. Code Cabin and brand representatives undertake to not disclose Private Information where not reasonably necessary or reasoned. Code Cabin will take all appropriate legal, organizational and technical measures to protect the Personal Information of its Users. Employees, agents, officers and end-users within or outside of Code Cabin and brand representatives with access to personal data will be held responsible for any privacy violations in terms of this Policy and, where appropriate, institute terminations of contracts and employment.
Notwithstanding the terms of this Policy set out above, the User submits that Code Cabin and brand representatives may share public information and anonymized aggregated data when involved in a merger, acquisition or sale of company. The User further submits that Code Cabin and brand representatives may retain personal information in back-ups for a reasonable period of time, even after termination of the relationship between the latter party and the User. Upon request, Code Cabin and brand representatives will delete, correct and/or block any personal information from further use and processing, unless restricted by law or reasonably convinced to not do so by adequate reasoning.
All personal information collected and processed is reviewed to ensure that Code Cabin and brand representatives only store data needed to provide or improve Our Product. Reasonable steps are taken to ensure that personal information processed is accurate, complete and current. The Users submits to provide Code Cabin and brand representatives with relevant information and so update their profiles if and when information changes. The User submits that Code Cabin and brand representatives may store personal information for as long as needed and may further utilize the information so as to comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes or enforce agreements.
Code Cabin and brand representatives take reasonable steps to protect personal information from loss, misuse, disclosure, alteration or destruction. However, the Users submits that by using Our Product that he understands the risks associated with transmitting data.
Children under the age of 18 are not to submit any personal information through or in relation to our service. Parents and guardians are called upon to help enforce this policy.
Amendments to this Policy
- Should any provision/s in this Policy be held as invalid by a court of law, such provision/s shall be modified and thereafter interpreted so as to best accomplish the initial, now replaced provision to the fullest extent permitted by law; the remaining provisions shall remain unaffected.
Was this article helpful to you?